There has been a lot happening in the last month, and a lot to come in the next few weeks!
But firstly, a PLEA (well actually two!) We are still looking for a secretary and now through understandable pressure of work, our Treasurer, Jackie Heap will step down at our AGM in April; The Association can only continue its important work with sufficient volunteers to cover the key roles.
To attract members to take on these important positions the Executive Committee has reviewed the Association’s meetings schedules and the officers’ work-loads: To further encourage members to offer their services for the positions of Secretary or Treasurer, we would expect them to serve for just two years (unless of course they wished to stay in post longer!) Anyone who would like to discuss what involved in either position, please contact me either by phone, 01202701430 or07767633718 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Revised Meeting Schedules:
- Regular Association Meetings will now be EVERY OTHER MONTH, still on the second Wednesday of every other month, still at the same venue, St Aldhelm’s; same time; 7-30pm. The Executive committee will also meet every other month.
- The next Association meetings are;
*Wednesday 14th February 7-30. St Aldhelm’s
*Wednesday 27th April (the AGM) Canford Cliffs Village Hall; 10-30am start
* Wednesday 12th June 7-30 St Aldhelm’s
* Wednesday 14th August 7-30, St Aldhelm’s
* Wednesday 9th October
* Wednesday 11th December
* The next Executive meeting; Friday 8th March, 7-30 chez PRS
The planning review & the Newsletter will continue to be posted monthly as present/.
Thanks to our two Ward Councillors, May and John, for keeping us up to date and fighting on our behalf.
Two worthwhile successes:
*The “BLUE FLAG” designation of our fabulous beaches will be maintained as business sponsorship has been secured; the Generous sponsors are FJB Hotels for the Sandbanks beach and Rockwater & Poole Bid for the rest.
* The second success is securing the proper location of the dog poo bin for Branksome chine; our many dog walkers can relax!
BCP Council Strategic Plans and Planning matters:
- BEACH ROAD CARPARK:
Despite strong and well-argued presentations from BPCCRA members, and our Ward Councillors, the Council’s Cabinet voted to go ahead with the selloff of half the car park for development. The proposal now goes to the next full council meeting on the 20th of this month. The Council Leader refused any further discussions.
In a last effort to avoid this ill-considered plan going ahead, we are mounting a media campaign. Our Press Release will be out before the end of the week. Any of our members who are Social Media (or other media) savvy can you help please!!
- BCP Council new Strategic Plan;
This comes up for consultation shortly; we will keep members informed of the dates, times and places. BPCCRA will be strongly represented. From a first reading the plan is not necessarily bad news for our areas.
There will be plenty to discuss when we meet next week!
- Issues regarding planning and licencing conditions are ongoing. We will keep members informed.